You have come to the right place if you’re looking for the best carrot shredder. You can make a healthy salad, a gourmet meal, add substance to a sauce, and add nutrition to a soup with shredded carrots.
- The Top 5 Best Carrot Shredders
- What Is A Carrot Shredder And Why You Need One
- The Different Types of Carrot Slicers
- 3 Benefits Of Using An Electric Carrot Shredder vs. A Manual Carrot Grinder
- 5 Things To Look For In A Good Carrot Chopper
- How to remove stains from carrots?
- FAQ on Shredding Carrots
One of my favorite shredded carrot dishes is the French grated carrot salad known as “Carottes Rapées.” All over France, this famous French staple is ubiquitous. Whether you walk into a restaurant, bistro, cafe, or supermarket, you’re sure to find a classic French shredded carrot dish.
This carrot salad recipe was originally a dish that street vendors hawked on the streets of France as an appetizer. It can also be used as a filling for crêpes. Some modern recipes add sugar to this dish to sweeten it, but most traditional recipes do not.
The common mistake made when making Carottes Rapées is to over mix the carrots. The dish should be prepared in a way that retains the texture and crunch of the shredded carrots as much as possible by mixing only until just combined! Remember, you want your Carottes Rapées recipe to appear similar to how you would find them prepared by street vendors.
You can use one of our best carrot shredders to create this fresh, light, and healthy side dish. Often any good vegetable shredder will work for carrots too. The French grated carrot dish tastes better when you prepare it at home. It will taste fresher, and you can add as much parsley and lemon as you like.
Here are our top 3 picks for best carrot shredder if you don’t have time to read through.
The Top 5 Best Carrot Shredders
Professional Box Carrot Grater, Stainless Steel with 4 Sides
- Fantastic Results Without The Fatigue - With minimal effort you can perfectly shred and slice cheese and vegetables. Get creative and make dinner exciting again by grating, slicing and making fresh zest to take your meals to another level. Best of all, it's dishwasher safe.
- Food Prep Done Fast With Our New Extra Wide Size: Shred a block of cheese in no time with this wonderful product that is effective and durable. This professional version has a contoured shape that is wider than our original grater and makes grating cheese and soft foods easy and also allows for a greater holding capacity.
- Take Pride In Your Mastery Of The Culinary Arts: One simple kitchen tool that will completely improve the taste and texture of what you prepare. Skip the food processor which is a hassle to clean and gives subpar results.
- Incredible Versatility With The 4 Sided Design: Consider getting rid of all the other graters and slicers you may own to make room for this. Coarse grating, Medium grating, Fine grating/Zester and even a Slicer - all in one convenient tool. Quickly prep an array of foods like cheese, potato, squash, zucchini, carrots, lemons and cucumbers. Multi-functional with a comfortable handle that gives you total control.
- Kitchen Must-Have: Sharp Stainless Steel blades get the job done quickly and result in cleanly sliced and grated food. Removable rubber bottom keeps you safer and prevents slipping and sliding on your counter, cutting board or plate. It also prevents food from escaping out the bottom of the grater so you'll have less to clean up.
What makes a box grater the best carrot shredder? You do not need to stabilize the carrot when shredding with it, so it is effortless to use.
Carrot graters come in four different sizes to accommodate different consistency of carrots. The rubber base prevents slipping while you grate.
I like how it has a handle to hold and won’t slide around.
- Stainless steel blades
- Rubber gripping base
- Size 9.88 x 5.59 x 5 inches
What We Like
- A multipurpose tool, you can use it as a handheld cheese slicer, carrot shredder, ginger grater, lemon zester, and so much more.
- The carrot slices will all stay within the center of the grater. It makes it easy to keep your kitchen clean.
- The broad base makes it easy for any sized hands to fit inside and clean it out, not letting any carrot pieces go to waste.
- The large center makes it easy to grate enough carrots for a carrot cake or salad without emptying it in between.
- The rubber trim pops off to give the carrot shredder a deeper cleaning.
- Excellent customer service; their team will work with you to solve any issues and make you happy with the carrot grater.
What We Don’t Like
- There is a plastic handle on this.
- If you do not have a lot of kitchen storage, this might not be the best carrot shredder for you.
- The rubber base collects food and water. (The good news is that it is removable.)
Sunkuka Carrot Shredder
- MULITIFUNCTIONAL --- Julienning or peeling fruit, vegetables easy and fast with this peeler. One blade to peel vegetables and the other one to slice them into long strips
- ULTRA SHARP & SAFE --- Made of highest quality stainless steel and razor-sharp blades with anti-cut design. Use it smoothly and peel fast and safely. And it’s very Easy to Clean! Shake it in the water when clogging, then it’s clean! Also, dishwasher safe.
- CONVINIENT & HEALTHY --- Labor-saving device, comfortable grasp, edge dig-hole design and hook are all for your convenience of cooking. Perfect for sandwiches, cheese rolls or salad. Live a healthy life & create nice-looking, delicious, attractive meals for both adult and kids
- BOTTOM PRICE TOP QUALITY --- The Finest 18/8 Stainless Steel that won’t rust even after using 10years. You can trust the quality with such bottom price. Good small gifts for your family and your best friends.
- RISK-FREE 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE --- We offer unrivaled customer service. Anything, just feel free to contact us, we are always here to make sure you’re 100% happy with your purchase. So go ahead and join thousands of satisfied customers. Click Add-to-Cart or 1-Click Buy to order yours Today!
Recipes using shredded carrots are easy to prepare with this best carrot shredder. We love how easy it is to slice carrots into long, thin strips with this tool—what, a great way to peel carrots and other hard vegetables.
In addition to shredding carrots, this shredder can also shred zucchini, potatoes, and many other types of vegetables.
This tool would be more helpful if it could stabilize the carrot before shredding it. A good julienne slice requires practice.
- Stainless steel – no rust
- Size: 7.3 x 3.4 x 1.1 inches
What We Like
- Easy to clean, especially with the brush.
- The side that makes the longer ribbons works better.
What We Don’t Like
- The device will need to be cleaned multiple times during use.
- For some users, this is awkward to hold.
- When you get down to the end of your carrot, you cannot use this tool, or you might cut your fingers. If you have a dog, then you can at least give the carrot scraps to your dog.
Carrot Slicer and Shredder Attachments for KitchenAid Stand
- Fits all Kitchenaid mixers: Slicer attachments for kitchenaid stand mixer, simply attach and operate it to the power hub of any kitchenaid stand mixer,great for culinary tasks, also fits Cuisinart stand mixer SM-50, SM-50BC, SM-50R, less effort than manual graters(yet this accessories is not created by KitchenAid)
- Long lasting performance cheese grater attachments for kitchenaid stand mixer: Build with food grade plastic black housing, premium aluminum metal rotor shaft and stainless steel blades,【 BlACK housing is more durable than all WHITE in discolor food processes work like Carrot】
- Multifunctional & professional for kitchenaid mixer accessories: 360 degrees hole stainless steel blade design, includes Slicing Blade (for cucumber, zucchinis), Cheese Grater Coarse Shredding Blade (for cheese, carrot, mushroom) and Fine shredding blade(for nuts, pizza toppings)
- Attachments for kitchenaid stand mixer with humanized protection & quick-change design: 1/ Specific inlet tube size to prevent your fingers from being able to reach into the tube completely, always use the pusher whatever food you are processing; 2/ No need to move the attachment housing out of mixer when exchange blade drums(Check the User Manual to see more)
- Easy to clean and support: The blades are "top rack" dishwasher safe but the rest is NOT. Recommend Hand Wash Only to keep them in peak condition. It will be a great gift, feel free to contact us if any quality issue
Are you tired of shredding carrots manually? With this electrical carrot grater, you can shred carrots in a matter of seconds with minimal effort. You can let your KitchenAid mixer handle all of the hard work.
When making carrot cake, this is essential. You need the carrots grated finely.
Different cutting blades make it easy to slice carrots, cheese, and other foods. When cutting softer food items other than carrots, the manufacturer recommends freezing them for 10 minutes first.
This carrot shredder can also quickly shred soft cheeses by freezing the cheese for 10 minutes before running it through it.
- It comes with three blades (slicing blade, coarse shredding blade, and fine shredding blade)
- Made in China
What We Like
- The blades are top-rack dishwasher safe (but the pusher is not).
- The black color of the pusher won’t show stains from shredding carrots or beets.
- These carrot shredding tools fit all Kitchenaid mixers as well as a few Cuisinart ones.
- It will save you time, even if you have to unclog it every so often manually.
What We Don’t Like
- You must hand wash the pusher.
- The tube is narrow so that carrots can get stuck.
- The carrot grating machine will deform if you push too many hard foods through it.
- Don’t use it for celery; the fibers will get stuck in the blades.
- It is necessary to place a large bowl underneath the machine because some carrots will shoot to the side instead of down.
LOYALMASTER Manual Rotary Carrot Shredder
Wow, you will be able to shred ten or more carrots fast with this best carrot shredder. Go ahead make two big batches of carrot muffins, carrot cupcakes, or carrot cake with this carrot grating machine.
This carrot grinder is so versatile that you can chop up coconut, chocolate and even use it as a manual nut chopper.
- BPA free plastic
- Top-rack dishwasher safe
- Three stainless steel shredder attachments
What We Like
- The suction base allows it to hold steady on any surface while you get to work shredding carrots.
- In no time at all, you can shred a whole bunch of carrots.
- The manufacturer responds quickly to complaints and replacing the item if it breaks while shredding carrots.
What We Don’t Like
- It’s not a heavy-duty product that will last a lifetime, but for the price, it’s a good deal.
- The plastic housing may break after a few uses.
- You have to cut the veggies or cheese into narrow pieces to fit in this carrot grater machine. You have to do some prep work to use the carrot shredder.
Swissmar V-2053 Borner Power Line Thin Julienne Slicer
- Offspring of the VPower Mandoline, it quickly creates perfect, thin strips of vegetables
- Double row of German-made stainless blades that cut in both directions
- Extended handle promotes full range usage of the platform’s cutting surface
- Side rails for using the original Borner Safety Holder for easy, fast and safe cutting (Safety Holder sold separately)
- Features finger grips and non-skid feet; Safe to use in the dishwasher
With this carrot shredding tool, you can do more than just shred carrots. You can shred carrots, potatoes, or anything else you want thinly sliced. Carrots are cut into pieces a little thinner than 1/8 inch. A universal tool allows you have the best carrot shredder while also being able to use it for other things.
The slicer is the perfect carrot shredding tool for a carrot salad.
- 13.5 x 5 x 1.3 inches
- 1 piece
What We Like
- The extended handle allows you to utilize the entire carrot slicing surface.
- You can slice carrots super thin.
- Works excellent for slicing other hard veggies like beets.
What We Don’t Like
- Carrots will stain this carrot shredding tool.
- Beets will also stain the plastic on the tool.
- It does not come with a safety holder, so while shredding carrots, you may cut your finger if you are not careful.
- You cannot adjust the size of the slice.
What Is A Carrot Shredder And Why You Need One
The best carrot shredder is a manual or eclectic device that simplifies your life. You can use these carrot shredders to speed up the process and avoid shredding carrots by hand. The same way a stainless steel rice cooker will speed up the task of cooking rice!
You can often shred a lot of carrots with ease and speed with a good carrot shredder.
Reasons why you might want to use the best carrot shredder:
- You need to make a large amount of shredded carrot salad.
- You are making a carrot cake.
- All of a sudden, you are craving carrot muffins.
- You are in charge of shredding carrots for a family meal.
- You work as a prep cook in a restaurant that uses shredded carrots in many dishes.
The Different Types of Carrot Slicers
- Electric Carrot Grater: This type of carrot shredder uses electricity to do the brunt of the work.
- Carrot Grinder with a Hand Crank: When you use a carrot grater with a hand crank, it will be faster and easier than just using your hands or a knife, but it will not be as fast as an electric shredder.
- The traditional Box Carrot Grater has been around for many years and is still a trusted tool to help you quickly grate food items. Nowadays, they make them ergonomically correct with rubberized handles and bottoms. Definitely a best carrot shredder.
- Korean Carrot Grater: The vegetable will come out like long thin strands with this particular carrot grater. Some of them are made of plastic and break easily. If you want to make Korean carrot salad, we recommend getting one of the wooden Korean carrot graters.
I once worked in a Japanese restaurant where the head chef, Keiko, sliced carrots by hand into long, thin, uniform strips. Keiko had years of practice, and most people cannot match her level of skill. It’s essential to use a tool for creating long, thin slices of carrot.
3 Benefits Of Using An Electric Carrot Shredder vs. A Manual Carrot Grinder
- Speed – An electric carrot shredder will allow you to get the job done faster. This is why it’s one it made the list of best carrot shredder.
- Volume – Compared to using a manual carrot grinder, an electric shredder lets you shred more carrots without getting tired.
- Less hand fatigue – When you shred an entire package of carrots manually, your hand gets tired. With an electric carrot shredder, you won’t experience hand fatigue.
5 Things To Look For In A Good Carrot Chopper
- How sharp is the blade? When you shred a hard vegetable like a carrot, you will need the blade to be sharp.
- Can you adjust the blade so you can shred your carrots into various thin or thick slices?
- Quality – Having the best carrot shredder made from BPA-free plastic and stainless steel is essential.
- Do you have arthritis? If so, then you will be better off getting an electric carrot grater.
- Some carrot graters have a narrow opening, which means you will have to do some food prep before shredding the carrots.
How to remove stains from carrots?
Removing carrot stains on plastic:
Removing carrot stains from plastic carrot shredders is not advisable. The amount of effort you will have to put into removing the carrot stains is not worth it. Instead, just dedicate one kitchen tool (like the best carrot shredder on our list) for always shredding carrots, and don’t stress out about the orange carrot stains.
If you really want to try to remove the carrot stains on plastic here is what you need to do:
- Immerse the plastic in vegetable oil.
- Take a paper towel and rub the oil vigorously onto the plastic.
- Once you notice the orange carrot stain fading you are ready for the next step.
- Scrub the plastic with dishwashing liquid and a scrub brush.
- Next, take isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and rub it all over the stain with a cotton ball.
- Depending on how often you repeat, the stain will either fade or disappear.
As you can see, getting carrot stains out of plastic isn’t guaranteed, and it requires a lot of time and effort. Those of you who shred carrots often see why I suggested just slicing carrots with one tool and forgetting about the stains.
How to get carrot stains out of clothing.
Carrots have a bright orange color and come in various shapes but they all have one thing in common, they’re hard to remove from clothing. To get carrot stains out of your shirt or dress follow these steps
Carrot Stain Removal for Clothing:
Step 1 : Soak the area in cold water. Step 2 [viegar soak] make sure that you don’t use too much or you will damage the fabric. Allow the area to soak for a 20 minutes. Step 3 [scrub]: Wash off the area with cold water and scub the carrot stain with a toothbrush. Next throw it into the washing machine. If the stain is still there try a laundry detergent stain removing stick and some oxyclean.