What is the Best Pan for Perfectly Cooked Muffins?
If you need a new muffin tin, our review guide can help. Maybe your old muffin pan is all scratched up or perhaps it’s just that time of year to upgrade your bakeware. Two of my favorite things to bake are blueberry muffins and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. You will definitely need to find out which is the best muffin pan if you want your blueberry muffins to come out perfectly. Without the right muffin pan, your blueberry muffins might stick to the pan or even worse fall apart.
Nobody wants to spend the time to create a batch of blueberry muffins only to have half the muffin stick inside the pan. Our guide will help you create the best muffins with minimal stress.
Do you have a muffin tin that you just hate? Maybe your muffins never seem to come out right? By reading our review of the best muffin pan, we can help solve this muffin crisis.
- What is the Best Pan for Perfectly Cooked Muffins?
- The Best Muffin Pan
- Our #2 Choice for The Best Porcelain Muffin Pan
- Best Ceramic Muffin Pan Bakeware
- The Best 100% Stainless Steel Muffin Pan
- Gotham Steel Makes The Best Copper Muffin Pan
- Best Commercial Cupcake or Muffin Pan
- 6 Things to Consider When Buying the Best Muffin Pan?
The Best Muffin Pan
- Boxiki Silicone Muffin Pan With Steel Frame, 12 Cups Full Size | Professional Non-Stick Baking Molds by Boxiki Kitchen | BPA-Free Bakeware
The sturdy steel frame makes this silicone muffin tin the best muffin pan. Each muffin hole is lined with approved food-grade silicone. The steel frame helps radiate the heat through to the silicone as opposed to the all silicone muffin pans. This steel-silicone hybrid is an excellent heat conductor. This means you won’t have to use cupcake or muffin liners with this muffin tin. Since it is framed with steel, it will be easy to handle. Each silicone cup is fixed in place, meaning they do not pop out of the muffin pan. The best non-stick muffin pan!
- No liners are required for this best muffin pan.
- Muffins slide right out.
- Handles on the muffin tin make it easy to grasp.
- You might have to adjust the baking time if you are used to baking with an aluminum pan.
- Many people state that they did not receive the free e-book that is supposed to come with the muffin tin.
- PREMIUM NON-STICK SILICONE – Easy-release textured surface of Baking Pan does not cling to foods or create a mess, dishwasher safe; food-grade silicone, no BPAs, non-toxic; safe in oven, freezer, dishwasher.
- KEEPS PERFECT SHAPE – Even after hundreds of uses, thanks to durable high quality steel frame; resists bending, warping and sagging, provides maximum service life; stain and odor resistant.
- SAVE MONEY & EAT HEALTHIER! - No need for expensive kitchen gadgets, this pan can do it all! Endless possibilities: muffins pan - cupcake pan - quiche pan - tart pan – mini omelets/lasagnas/Chicken Pot Pie Cups and many more! Silicone Muffin mold with steel frame is the best for you.
- 50 BEST MUFFIN RECIPES INCLUDED – Bake like a professional with our “Top 50 Delightful Muffin Pan Recipes” eBook, free with your purchase; 50 delicious cupcake recipes that are easy, fun and healthy!
- LIFE TIME WARRANTY - Shop with confidence. Your satisfaction is guaranteed or money back.
Our #2 Choice for The Best Porcelain Muffin Pan
- Sweese 517.101 Porcelain Muffin Pan Non-Stick Cupcake Baking Pan, 6 Cups (2nd Best Muffin Pan)
This muffin pan is made of porcelain. Additionally, it is a type of premium LEAD-FREE ceramic, which resists staining, odors, chipping, and cracking. Sweese is a popular porcelain dinnerware and bakeware brand that began in 2014. Their entire design philosophy is to make your life easier in the kitchen.
More importantly, they want to create products that you will want to use over and over. This makes it our number two pick for the best porcelain muffin pan. If you want to call this the best cupcake pan too, go ahead!
A porcelain muffin pan is safe to use around parrots and other pet birds. This is due to the fact that no harmful chemicals are released when its heated to a high temperature.
- Non-toxic muffin pan.
- Easy to clean.
- Not easy to grab, because they don’t have large side handles.
- PREMIUM QUALITY & DURABILITY - Sweese’s cupcake pan is made of durable porcelain, a type of premium LEAD-FREE ceramic, resists staining, odors, chipping and cracking. Durable and scratch-resistant for everyday use. Non-stick cream surface provides quick cleanup and easy release of all baked-goods.
- UNIQUE DESIGN & VERSATILE - The dimension is 12”x 7.5” with 6 wells, each well measures 3” in diameter and 1.25” in deep. The reliable design makes the bakeware both fashionable and practical. Ideal for baking Muffin Cakes, Cupcakes, Tart, Mousse, Jelly, Baked, Pot Pie Cups, Chocolate and more!
- EASY BAKING & COOKS EVENLY - Place muffin pan on a cookie sheet, fill 6 wells following recipe instructions, and they are ready to go! Sweese’s ceramic construction providing your baked goods with perfect browning. Just enjoy much healthier treats with your family and friends.
- SAFE TO USE & EASY TO STORAGE - It is MICROWAVE SAFE, OVEN SAFE, FREEZER SAFE, DISHWASHER SAFE, BROILER SAFE. Easily stackable helps for saving your kitchen’s space. The unique frame and smooth surface make it still looks new after wash repeatedly.
- casaWare Ceramic Coated NonStick 12 Cup Muffin Pan
A ceramic coated muffin pan is non-toxic, therefore it makes sense that our #3 pick for best muffin pan is the casaWare. In addition, it is Cadmium, Lead, PFOA, PTFE, and PFOS Free. This muffin pan is a healthy alternative to a traditional non-stick muffin pan. Undoubtedly with all of the 5-star reviews, this is our number 3 pick for the best muffin pan.
- Dishwasher safe muffin tin.
- Nothing sticks to them.
- No need for non-stick sprays with this muffin pan.
- After a year, the non-stick coating might not be as effective.
- Narrow pan edges. This makes the muffin pan hard to grab.
- Ceramic Non-Stick Technology Provide a Greater Baking Experience. Very Easy to Clean. Just wipe or scrub softly and the food slides off easily
- Ceramic Coating is FDA, California Proposition 65 and European Union Approved. The Ceramic Coating is Cadmium, Lead, PFOA, PTFE and PFOS Free.
- Fashion Colored bakeware with colored exteriors and cream colored ceramic coating interiors. Part of casaWare's collection of best-selling bakeware items. Each sold separately.
- Double Coated Ceramic Surface over 0.5 mm carbon steel provides Long Lasting Durability and Scratch Resistance. Heat Tolerance to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, no peel off or blistering in high temperatures.
- Product dimensions: 13.875 x 11 x 1.25-Inch. Hand Washing recommended, do not immerse in water. Do not microwave. Refer to product description for Use & Care Instruction
Best Ceramic Muffin Pan Bakeware
- GreenLife Bakeware Muffin Ceramic Pan
GreenLife makes one of the best ceramic muffin pans, it can complete your non-toxic bakeware set.
The ceramic non-stick coating on the Greenlife muffin pan is derived from sand. This is a type of ceramic coating called Thermolon. Not only are they another non-toxic alternative to a Teflon, but also have 60% less CO2 emitted. Specifically during the curing phase of production of Thermolon ceramic coating.
If you want to make muffins in a toaster oven, make sure to get a great toaster oven baking set with a 6 cup muffin tin.
GreenLife considers itself a responsible earth-friendly company. This pan is a tie for 3rd place on our best muffin pan list.
- Steel frame, which promotes an even heat distribution.
- Easy to clean.
- Muffins pop right out.
- No need for a cooking spray when you use this muffin tin.
- Scratches easily. Make sure not to use metal silverware or cooking tools on this pan.
- Ceramic coating can chip away after use.
- Our healthy and easy-to-clean ceramic nonstick coating is derived from sand and free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium for effortless cooking and quick cleanup
- Crafted from heavy-duty steel for fast and even heat distribution
- Reinforced rims enhance strength and stability
- Designed to deliver perfect results and easy release every time
- Cup size: 2.85” x 1.5”
The Best 100% Stainless Steel Muffin Pan
5. Fox Run 12-Cup Muffin Stainless Steel Baking Pans
A 100% stainless steel muffin pan. You will not find Teflon or other harmful non-stick coatings. This muffin tin is safe to use if you have a parrot in the house. Parrots and other pet birds should not be near bakeware with Teflon.
This particular muffin pan is another one of the best muffin pans. More importantly, it will not stain, rust, or scratch. Since this Fox Run muffin pan is an excellent conductor of heat, it will help your muffins come out perfectly each and every time.
- The best muffin pan will not warp or corrode.
- Great replacement pan if you want to replace your old aluminum or nonstick pans with a muffin pan that is healthier and less toxic.
- Smaller than expected.
- This muffin pan is not as sturdy as it is advertised.
- DURABLE DESIGN: This cupcake pan is suitable and designed for any lifestyle. It's stain, scratch, and rust resistant surface so that will not warp or corrode, making it ready to go when you are.
- SLEEK STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION ensures that this lightweight muffin pan is long-lasting and easy to clean, so it can be ready to go when you are.
- 12-ITEM CAPABILITY: With 12 individual slots, this pan is ideal for party prep or personal use. Try using it for cupcakes, muffins, cornbread, and more!
- DISHWASHER SAFE: Non-reactive and nonporous, this tray has the ability to withstand extreme temperatures and heavy scrubbing. It's also dishwasher safe, making it that much easier to clean.
- MEASUREMENTS: This muffin pan weighs 14.4 ounces and has dimensions of 10.5 x 13.75 x 1.25 inches.
Gotham Steel Makes The Best Copper Muffin Pan
6. Gotham Steel 1388 Standard 12-Cup Muffin Pan with Nonstick Quick Release Copper Coating
Another runner up for the best muffin pan. The Gotham Steel muffin pan is an aluminum bakeware pan with a copper non-stick coating. Since aluminum is an excellent conductor of heat, this muffin pan will produce evenly browned muffins each and every time.
The good news is that it’s toxin-free, just like some of our other picks for the best muffin tins. All Gotham Steel products are PTHE, PFOA, and PFOS free.
- This muffin pan is dishwasher safe.
- Lifetime warranty.
- The muffins or cupcakes will cook evenly.
- Cannot use metal utensils with this muffin tin, it will scratch.
- It can warp at high temperatures.
- GOTHAM STEEL MUFFIN PAN – perfect for standard sized muffins and cupcakes, bakery quality commercial grade bakeware is constructed from heavy duty aluminum which conducts heat evenly with no dead zones or hotspots and then triple coated with nonstick ceramic for the ultimate experience – and non-warping + dishwasher safe for effortless cleanup
- CHEFS SIZE – 12 standard size muffins at once, dimensions are 13.7" x 10" x 1"
- QUICK RELEASE NONSTICK – constructed from aluminum and coated with ceramic ensures the ultimate release -- everything just slides right off the surface, no need for baking sheets, oil or butter & completely dishwasher safe for effortless cleanup
- ULTRA DURABLE AND LONG LASTING – the Gotham Steel Bakeware has a best in class 0.8MM thick gauge which won't warp and heats evenly, which ensures everything comes out of the oven perfectly baked and evenly browned
- DOESN'T WARP – can withstand years of use without warping because of its thick construction, with rolled edges to ensure the aluminum doesn't warp or flex.METAL UTENSIL SAFE - scratch-proof & metal utensil safe.OVEN SAFE – high heat safe up to 500F.DISHWASHER SAFE makes for an effortless cleaning experience.HEALTHY & TOXIN FREE - all Gotham Steel products are PTHE, PFOA and PFOS free
Best Commercial Cupcake or Muffin Pan
8. Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Muffin Pan
While we don’t normally recommend using aluminum for bakeware due to the possible link to Alzheimer’s disease. When baking muffins and cupcakes oftentimes people use a liner in the pan. A cupcake liner can be a great way to get the benefit of an aluminum bakeware pan while not getting any of the negative effects associated with aluminum. Another positive aspect is that aluminum is safe to use around pet birds and parrots. It will not release harmful toxins into the air when heated up.
- Made in the USA.
- Comes with a lid.
- Commercial-grade, heavy-duty muffin pan.
- Can last over 10 years, unlike some of the nonstick pans that need frequent replacing.
- Hand wash only.
- The muffin cups are on the small size.
- You should use cupcake liners when you bake muffins or cupcakes.
- Natural aluminum commercial bakeware is made of pure aluminum which will never rust for a lifetime of durability
- Baked goods rise and bake evenly due to aluminums superior heat conductivity and the reinforced encapsulated steel rim prevents warping
- Easy clean up, hand wash only
- The standard muffing pan has 12 cups
- Proudly made in the USA by Nordic Ware
9. OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Muffin Pan
The gold color on this pan will allow your muffins to brown perfectly. A darker colored muffin pan helps the item brown. As opposed to the lighter colored Nordicware aluminum pan that was reviewed above. Since it has a ceramic reinforced PTFE non-stick coating, the blueberry muffins will slide right out. Finally, the micro-textured non-stick pattern on this muffin pan will allow your muffins to slide right out.
PTFE coated cookware is NOT safe to use around birds. When the muffin pan is heated, the PTFE will release harmful chemicals into the air. This is toxic for birds. If you don’t have a bird and you want a non-stick pan that is made with a Teflon coating then this pan will make perfect muffins. This is not our pick for the best muffin pan, due to the PTFE non-stick coating.
- Produces an even browning of your baked goods.
- Easy to clean.
- Even distribution of heat.
- Teflon coating.
- The muffin pan is a tiny bit smaller than advertised.
- Water gets caught in rolled side handles and spills onto the floor after washing.
- Perfect for muffins, cupcakes and mini quiches
- Heavy gauge aluminized steel promotes even heat distribution
- Swiss engineered PTFE, ceramic reinforced, 2 layer, commercial grade coating provides the ultimate non stick food release and is scratch, stain, corrosion and abrasion-resistant
- Micro textured pattern ensures even baking by minimizing surface contact and promoting airflow
- Square-rolled edges add strength and offer a secure grip for easy transfer to and from oven
10. USA Pan Bakeware Toaster Oven Muffin Pan, 6 Well, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
Are you looking for a muffin pan for your toaster oven? Most muffin recipes produce enough batter to make 12 muffins. With that in mind, you will have to either halve the muffin recipe or bake the muffins in half batches. More importantly, this pan is non-toxic. Being that it has a Nonstick Americoat coating – a patented silicone coating which is PTFE, PFOA, and BPA free.
This is our pick for the best muffin pan for a toaster oven.
- Made in the USA.
- No Teflon coating.
- Easy to clean.
- It has a corrugated surface that helps with airflow and even baking.
- Some muffins stick to the pan.
- It is better to use liners with this muffin tin.
- Muffin Pan for most toaster ovens has 6 wells ; commercial grade and heavy gauge aluminized steel with a lifetime warranty
- USA Pan baking pans feature Americoat which promotes quick release of baked-goods plus fast and easy clean up; wash with hot water, mild soap and gentle scrub brush or sponge
- Nonstick Americoat coating - a patented silicone coating which is PTFE, PFOA and BPA free - provides quick and easy release of all baked-goods and minimal easy clean up
- Made in the USA; Over all pan measures 11 x 9 x 1.5 inches and each well measures 2.75 x 2.06 x 1.38 inches
- USA Pan is a Bundy family company which has proudly manufactured high quality bakeware and provided jobs in the USA for over 50 years
6 Things to Consider When Buying the Best Muffin Pan?
First, decide on whether you want a non-stick pan. If you are the type that normally uses liners for your muffin pan, then it won’t necessarily matter if the pan is non-stick.
Second, decide on what type of material you want the pan to be made out of. Aluminum muffin pan, steel muffin pan, ceramic muffin pan, silicone muffin pan, or a hybrid pan.
Third, if you do want a non-stick pan, do you want it to be non-toxic? A non-stick pan can be made from Teflon or other non-toxic materials.
Fourth, do you mind handwashing it? Some muffin pans are not dishwasher safe.
Fifth, do you care about whether the pan is made in the USA?
The sixth and last item to consider is whether or not you care about the type of utensils you can use on the pan. Some materials, like Teflon, will scratch if you use metal utensils on them.
What is the Easiest Type of Muffin to Make from Scratch?
Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are one of the easiest muffins to make from scratch. Use your brand new best muffin pan for these delicious pumpkin chocolate chip muffins that everyone will go crazy over. The canned pumpkin helps the muffin turn out perfectly moist.
Below is a recipe video with step by step instructions!
What is the Difference Between a Muffin and a Cupcake?
The difference mainly lies in the ingredients and how they are mixed together. Your best muffin pan will also make a great cupcake pan.
- A cupcake is a miniature version of a cake. The mixing method for cupcakes is similar to mixing a cake.
- Cupcakes always have frosting.
- A cupcake is usually made by first creaming the butter and sugar, then adding the eggs one by one until they emulsify.
- A muffin has a variety of fruits and spices added to it.
- Muffins can be sweet or savory.
- As opposed to cupcakes muffins do not usually have frosting.
- Muffins are a quick bread.
- Firstly the wet and dry ingredients are mixed in separate bowls secondly they are combined.
- The wet ingredients are always added to the dry.
- You do not want to overmix the muffin batter. This will cause too much gluten to form and the muffin texture will be wrong. Muffin batter dropped into one the best muffin pans above, should be combined not heavily mixed.
How to Avoid A Soggy Muffin
A muffin coming out of the oven with a soggy bottom is the worst! A soggy muffin happens when your muffins have ingredients with a lot of moisture: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and other fruits. These fruits can sink to the bottom of the muffin cup as they are cooking. In turn, the fruits release water and steam, creating a soggy muffin.
On top of that if you leave the muffins in the pan for too long after coming out of the oven the soggy muffin bottom will get even soggier. The steam from the hot pan will create more unwanted moisture within the muffins tin. Even if you use one of our best muffin pans, you will still get soggy muffins unless you follow some of these tricks to avoid it.
- If you wash the fruit first, make sure to dry it completely with paper towels before adding it to the muffin batter.
- Lightly dust the fruit in flour, before adding it to the muffin batter.
- Add the fruit in right before you are ready to pour the muffin batter into your best muffin pan.
- Make sure the oven is preheated properly.
- Don’t let the muffins rest in the tins after they come out of the oven.
Follow these tips and you should not have to deal with a soggy muffin.
Choosing which muffin pan is the best for your baking needs is not hard if you follow our best muffin pan guide. If you have the space in your kitchen, it might be beneficial to get one of our non-stick picks as well as one other type of muffin tin. Many people love to make savory egg muffins in the silicone muffin tin. On the other hand, they prefer to use the non-stick muffin pan, for fruit-filled muffins. The choice is yours! Good luck with choosing a muffin pan!