What is an Omelette Pan and What is the Best Omelette Pan?
The best omelette Pan is made of metal with some sort of nonstick material coating it. In addition, the nonstick coating can be a temporary non-stick coating like butter or oil. What makes a great omelette pan is the sloping sides with no definitive corner. That is what helps the omelette slide right out and easily flip.
If you use the right pan, the right stirring utensil, and the right ingredients you can make a light and fluffy omelette (Omelet) just like master chef Jacques Pepin. Aerating the raw egg with a fork and a quick motion of the wrist will create a perfect omelette. If for some reason the omelette does not come out right the first time around you may just have created the best scrambled eggs you have ever had in your life.
Don’t want to read the whole article? Here are our top 3 picks for the best omelette pan.
Creating a perfect omelette is just as much about technique as it is about the pan. In fact knowing how to make an omelette and practicing will help you create restaurant style omelets in no time!
Featuring The Best Omelette Pan for Every Type of Chef!
Here are our top three picks for the best omelette pan.
Best Ceramic Nonstick Omelette Pan
- GreenPan Rio Healthy Ceramic Nonstick, Frypan, 10″, Black
The Rio brand is an innovator of healthy ceramic cookware. Which is why it is our pick for the best omelette pan. This pan is a GreenPan’s Thermolon healthy ceramic nonstick coating. This means that it is free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium. Therefore it will never release toxic fumes, even if it’s accidentally overheated. The slightly sloping edges of this best omelette pan will help you create a perfect omelette.
If you are particular about using nontoxic cookware then be sure to check out our guide on the best nontoxic bakeware. We feature all kinds of bakeware that will not release toxic odors into your home.
This nonstick omelette pan is safe to use around pet birds and pet parrots. We love this pan and vote for it to be the number one best omelette pan. The interior of this omelette pan is aluminum and the exterior is a ceramic coating. The aluminum is a great conductor of heat, which in turn allows the best omelette pan to heat up quickly.
This omelette pan is not for use on an induction stovetop.
- GreenPan’s Thermolon healthy ceramic nonstick coating is free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium, so it will never release toxic fumes, even if it’s accidentally overheated
Pros for the best omelette pan:
- Excellent heat conduction.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Handle stays cool.
- No legitimate cons that we could find.
Best Copper Omelette Pan – An Induction Omelette Pan
- Copper Omelet Frying Pans Nonstick, 11 Inch Skillets Non Stick with Lids, Induction Compatible Cooking Pan, Omelette Pan
A copper pan provides a great non-stick alternative to Teflon. Therefore it makes sense for this pan to make it onto our best omelette pan list. Nowadays there are so many Teflon alternatives that there really is no need to use it. The great thing about this pan is that you can use it on an induction stovetop as well as gas and electric.
Many users have stated that it also works great as an induction stovetop omelette pan!
If you are thinking about switching to an induction cooktop range, there is a lot to research. An induction cooktop uses special induction-ready cookware.Check out the best induction electric cooktop in our article.
The glass lid, low price point, and long stainless steel handle make this the best copper omelette pan out there.
- Great gift idea.
- Will last for years, if you clean and store it properly.
- Water accumulates under the knob on the glass lid.
- After months of daily use, the non-stick coating may wear off.
Best Stainless Steel Omelette Pan – A Professional Omelette Pan!
- Cuisinart FCT22-20 French Classic Tri-Ply Stainless 8-Inch Fry Pan
If you want the best small omelette pan then this 8-inch stainless steel pan is it! Cuisinart is a brand that has been around since 1974. Actually, they were the first company to revolutionize the food processor. Cuisinart made the food processor a kitchen tool that everyone uses.
By the same token, they are a trusted name brand and their stainless steel omelette pan is one of the best. If you want to find the best stainless steel omelette pan look no further than this Cuisinart 8-inch pan. This is a professional omelette pan that will take some practice before creating the perfect omelette.
Creating the perfect omelette in a stainless steel omelette pan is an art form and this professional omelette pan will help you create the perfect breakfast! Patience is key here, and do not be afraid of failure.
To make an omelet in a stainless steel pan you have to first create a temporary non-stick surface. Use a fat like butter, or oil and do not add it until the pan is hot enough.
Heat the stainless steel omelette pan first then add the fat, then add the egg. As a consequence, if you get the timing right you will have a perfect omelet in a stainless steel pan.
- 8-inch fry pan
The Best Folding Omelette Pan
- TECHEF – Frittata and Omelette Pan, Coated with New Teflon Select/Non-stick Coating (PFOA Free) (Purple)
If you want the best folding omelette pan then the TECHEF pan is it. A folding omelette pan should allow you to create a light and fluffy omelet without a lot of skill. Techef is a Korean based company that has been around since the 1980s. More importantly, all of their cookware is lead-free and PFOA free. This is a traditional omelette pan with a lid that closes, so you can easily flip the omelet without being a professional Chef.
Using this type of non stick folding omelette pan might take a bit of practice. You have to flip the omelette quickly in one motion so that the egg does not drip out of the side. Do not be afraid to flip it, practice flipping makes the perfect omelette.
Practice using your folding omelette pan before you have guests over for brunch. Now that we are in the midst of a global COVID-19 pandemic you probably don’t have to worry about having people over for brunch. Unless you have a backyard and can have your brunch event outdoors. In this case by all means practice with the non-stick folding omelette pan a week before the brunch is scheduled.
TECHEF is known to have excellent non-stick capabilities. This in turn makes it the best non-stick omelette pan. Check out this non-stick omelette pan comparison video.
- BEST NONSTICK - The world's finest cookware coated with New Teflon Select - Color Collection
- Stainless steel handle.
- Oven safe.
- Excellent quality compared to some other cheaper made omelette pans. Which is why it’s our pick for the best omelette pan -folding.
- The pan is not heavy duty. Without food in the pan, it can wobble on the stovetop. Although this does not affect the delicious perfect omelets it will make.
- The small handle gets hot, so you must use a thick potholder.
- Egg liquid will seep out the side if you don’t flip it fast enough.
Best Electric Omelette Pan
- Holstein Housewares HH-0937012SS Omelet Maker, Black
A quality electric omelette pan will allow you to make fluffy omelets without flipping them. To note an electric omelette pan is not considered the best omelette pan. With that being said this electric pan heats up both sides of the eggs, by closing like a clamshell. In fact, you don’t even need a stove to make omelettes with this electric omelette pan!
If you are wondering how to make an omelette without oil or butter, this eclectic non stick omelette maker can help. The good news is that you will not need to use a heavy amount of butter or oil. Unlike a stainless steel omelet pan, where you need to create a temporary non stick surface with oil or butter.
- MANY DELICIOUS CHOICES - Makes two fluffy omelets in just minutes. And this handy maker isn’t just for omelets: you can make frittatas, pizza pockets, apple turnovers and so much more! You can make two customized individual portions at a time to satisfy everyone’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner requests
- You can make an omelette anywhere. You don’t need a stovetop.
- Easy to clean, just use a cloth or a paper towel.
- The top and bottom plates heat up to cook the omelette on both sides.
- No light to indicate that the eggs are done cooking.
- Browns too much on the outside and don’t cook well enough on the inside.
- The outside of the machine gets hot when cooking. Keep children’s hands away from this electric omelette pan.
Another One of the Best Non-Stick Omelette Pans
- Sensarte 8/10-Inch Nonstick Frying Pan Skillet, Swiss Granite Coating Omelette Pan, Healthy Stone Cookware Chef’s Pan, PFOA Free
What a cute omelette pan with a wooden handle. This omelette pan has a granite nonstick coating that is imported from switzerland. The great thing about it is that it is suitable for all stovetops, including induction. You can almost make an omelette without oil or butter with this pan. Take note: I say “almost”.
- Swiss Non-Stick Coating - Switzerland ILAG nonstick coating, SGS approved. PFOA free, safe and healthy.
- You do not need to use a lot of oil with this best omelette pan.
- Ergonomic wooden handle.
- This best omelette pan does not come with a lid.
- Smaller than expected.
Are You Looking for The Best Nonstick and NonToxic Omelette Pan?
- COOKER KING Ceramic Nonstick Omelette Pan Set, Dishwasher Safe, Oven Safe, Toxin Free, PFOA Free, Stainless Steel Handles, 8 inch 10 inch 12 inch Healthy Ceramic Non Sticking Frying Pan Set, 3 Piece
This set provides the size variety for any amount of guests. If you need to make an omelette for one then use the 8 inch best omelette pan. On the other hand if you are serving an omelette to a family of 4 then go with one of the larger nonstick, non toxic omelette pans.
This best omelette pan set is oven safe, dishwasher safe, and comes with 3 omelette pans.
- 🍳【HEALTHY FRYING PANS】No PFOA, PFAS and Cadmium, ensuring no toxin fume at cooking process, safe cooking temperature reach 480°F.
- Heats evenly and nothing sticks to them.
- Non toxic
- After a year of use, things will start to stick.
- This omelette pan set has a flimsy handle.
- This omelette pan will not work with an induction cooktop.
The Best Japanese Omelette Pan – Induction Omelette Pan
- Tamagoyaki Japanese Omelette Pan/Egg Pan – Non-stick Coating – Rectangle Frying Pan Mini Frying Pan – Grey
With over 500 reviews and almost 5 stars, this has to be the best Japanese omelette pan out there. This Japanese induction omelette pan has a stainless steel magnetic conductive base. Which in turn allows this pan to be used on a gas stove, induction cooktop, electric cooktop, and ceramic stove.
What is a Japanese omelette pan?
A Japanese omelette pan is rectangular and usually has a nonstick surface. This makes it easier to roll and fold the omelet into a traditional Japanese tamago.
What is a Japanese Omelette (Tamagoyaki)?
Tamagoyaki (Japanese omelet), is a rectangular egg omelette. It is prepared by adding raw egg with seasoning into a japanese omelette pan. After the bottom of the egg is set you begin rolling the egg into layers, until it forms a thick egg log.
Afterwards you slice the egg omelette into smaller pieces that are usually served over rice nigiri style.
- Easy To Use: Sloped shape is easy to flip the eggs, sandwiches, pancakes and omelets. Stainless steel magnetic conductive base make this pan be used on gas stove, induction hob, electric cooktop and ceramic stove. It’s easy to clean and we recommended breeze, hand washing
- Stainless steel base makes a great heat conductor.
- The nonstick coating on this Japanese induction omelette pan is made from Maifanite stone.
- The heat transfers easily.
- Great gift for a college student!
- This is a small omelette pan, that is more than likely only able to handle an omelette for one person.
Things to Consider When Shopping for a Best Omelette Pan
- Size of the pan. Figure out how many people that you want to serve your omelet to. If you want a variety then check out our #7 pick, which is a 3 piece omelette pan set.
- Material of the pan. Do you want a non-stick omelette pan? How about a stainless steel omelette pan? Do you prefer a non toxic omelette pan? Our best omelette pan review guide features all of these.
- Do you want a folding omelette pan? Although an amateur chef is oftentimes the one who uses a folding omelette pan it still does require some practice.
What is the Difference Between a Frying Pan and an Omelette Pan?
A definitive characteristic of the best omelette pan is that it has sloping curved sides. Primarily this is so you can easily flip the omelette without a mess. On the other hand, a frying pan will have taller straight sides to hold the oil for whatever it is you are frying.
As far as flipping the omelette goes, some pans have a lid, which makes it easier to flip an omelet without prior experience.
How do You Make an Omelette that Doesn’t Stick to the Pan?
The recommended technique really depends on the type of pan you are using. Consider this when choosing a best omelette pan.
If you are using one of our recommended best omelette pans that are non-stick then you can use minimal oil or butter to create the perfect omelette. On the other hand, if you are using a stainless steel omelette pan, you might benefit from watching a few videos on how to prepare an omelette in a stainless steel pan.
Tips for creating an omelette in a stainless steel pan!
- The number one secret to a perfect omelette in a stainless steel pan is: use the right amount of grease. Now you might ask what kind of grease is best for making an omelette in a stainless steel pan? Butter, avocado oil, coconut oil, or safflower oil, they will all work! FYI: all of the grease does not end up in the omelette. So do not get hung up on calories for this step.
- Temperature of the stainless steel pan is the second most important thing to consider for making the perfect omelette in a stainless steel pan. The temperature of the stovetop should be set to a medium heat.
- In order for an omelette to come out perfect you will need to add air into the raw eggs. Use a fork or whisk to aerate the egg mixture. You briskly stir it for a minute adding in the air.
- Pour this aerated egg mixture onto a greased cold stainless steel pan. Note: some people suggest that you add the grease after the pan is hot. For me adding the grease after the omelette pan is hot creates the perfect omelette but I have an induction range. You must test this out with your particular pan and stove top.
If your stove top heats the pan slowly then you might want to add the grease after the pan is hot. On the other hand if you have a gas range and your pan gets hot in moments then add the grease to a cold omelette pan. Test this out!
- Let the egg mixture set. Do not let the temptation to stir it at this stage get to you. If you do you will end up removing the grease that you put down, which in turn will cause parts of the egg to stick.
- Check the edges of the omelette by slightly lifting one edge. If the omelette looks firm on one side begin to add your fillings.
- After the omelette cooks and is firm, have a small amount of butter or oil ready. Flip the omelette after adding a tiny bit more of the grease. Usually at this stage the omelette needs less than a minute more of cooking.
Results For The Best Omelette Pan
Remember due to its construction and design, a non-stick omelette pan, will not last for years. Most non-stick omelette pans, even the best rated most expensive omelet pan will not last for 5 years. More often than not an omelette pan will last 1-5 years depending on the care you take when using it and cleaning it.
On the other hand a stainless steel omelette pan will last you a lifetime. Be aware of these simple facts when choosing an omelette pan.
Making an omelette will take a little bit of practice and skill. Figuring out the temperature and grease ratios are the most important factor in perfecting the art of omelette making!