If you are looking for the best electric wok, look no further, our guide will help you choose one.
If you are one of those people who doesn’t have a gas range stovetop, then an electric wok might be right up your alley. The portability of an electric wok is one of its greatest assets. Imagine being able to make a healthy stir fry outdoors?
The best electric wok will allow you to cook an entire meal outside of a kitchen.
Since the world is in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, many of us are retreating to the outdoors. An electric wok can provide you with more cooking options than just a barbeque would.
Stopping the spread of the coronavirus is enhanced by us having more outdoor gatherings.
More outdoor gathering means finding unique ways to cook outdoors. Hence cooking with the best electric wok will allow you to make a meal on any tabletop around.
Electric Wok cooking can happen just about anywhere that has a power source. If you want an alternative to cooking on a stovetop, the best electric wok can help you achieve this.
If you are camping, then make sure to bring an electric wok. Don’t forget to bring a stainless steel fish scaler if you are catching whole fish near your campsite.
Woks allow you to create quick and healthy meals.
The Best Electric Wok Reviews
Number One Pick for the Best Electic Wok
- Breville Hot Wok Pro
The best electric wok has to be the Breville Hot Wok Pro!
Breville is a kitchenware brand that’s been around since the 1930s. Their motto is to empower people in the kitchen while helping them do things more straightforward.
The Breville Hot Wok Pro allows you to get the same consistency as you would with a gas flame. With this in mind, it is why it is our number one pick for the best electric wok out there.
Some key features of this high-quality electric wok are
- The acutely sensitive controls include multiple settings with temperatures up to 425°F.
- The versatility allows you to steam, stir-fry, make soups, or create stews.
- The wok disassembles quickly for storage.
- Adjustable steam vent on the tempered-glass lid for safety and moisture control
- PFOA-free, nonstick aluminum interior for easy cleaning
- Features an 1800-watt heating element maximizing your ability to achieve the high temperatures needed for a delicious stir-fry.
Things We Like
- It heats up quickly.
- Large capacity, 8 quarts, allows you to make a meal for four or more people.
- The body and bottom of the wok are thick, allowing for an excellent transfer of heat.
- The quality is so good that this best electric wok will last for many years. (as long as you take care of it properly)
Things We Don’t Like
- The non-stick coating can chip after excessive daily use. We recommend following the directions when cleaning this electric wok, so you don’t have the same issue.
- Some people have a hard time getting the temperature just right. The Breville electric wok will l take some practice to master your meals.
The Best Small Electric Woks!
- Continental Brand Professional Series Chef Electric Wok, 4.5 Quart, Black
If you don’t have the counter space for the larger Breville model, this is an excellent option for a smaller electric wok. Continental brand has been around for over 20 years; they aim to develop products that the consumer can count on at a low price point.
This best electric wok has a smaller size makes it an excellent choice for an RV, dorm room, or studio apartment.
- CONVENIENT SPACE to add to your cooking area with this electric wok pan and make all your recipes with ease
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL body and non-stick surface for quality results
- SIDE HANDLES and tempered glass lid let you handle with care and no splattered mess
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE control to cook evenly
- MEASURES 16 5L x 14W x 7 5H" Inches with 900watt power
Things We Like
- The nonstick surface allows for easy cleanup.
- The electric wok makes an excellent gift for college students.
- The stainless steel body allows you to keep the meal hot.
- The see-through glass lid helps prevent splatter.
Things We Don’t Like
- The cord is short. So you have to use it close to the power source.
- The temperature control does not provide as much fine-tuning control as the Breville electric wok.
Another Great Small Electric Wok!
ELE ELEOPTION BRAND 4-IN-1 Multifunction Electric Wok, Cooker, Skillet, Grill, and Pot. Electric Hot Pot for Noodles and Cooking Rice Stew Soup Steamed Fish Boiled Egg Small Non-stick (2.3L, with Lid and Steamer)
Why is this our pick for another best small electric wok? The primary reason is the multifunctionality of the machine. This multifunctional cooker doubles as a non-stick electric wok that can also cook rice, soup, healthy vegetables, and just about anything.
The wok’s bottom has an even heat distribution, so your meal will come out perfect each time. The ELE ELEOPTION electric cooker is an excellent electric wok for a student. The small size and ease of use will allow them to save money and create any meal type in their dorm room.
- HEALTHY COOKING: Food grade materials, safe, stable, non-toxic. The inner layer is made of healthy 304 stainless steel. Tao Jing non-stick coating: non-stick pan, cleaning is simpler.
- SAFE AUTOMATIC SHUTDOWN: No need to worry when cooking. The anti-drying is automatically turned off when the water is dry. Very convenient pot to cook for students.
- PP ANTI-SCALDING HANDLE: Easy to grip, comfortable to touch, will not fall, effective heat insulation and anti-scalding.
- SAVE TIME: The Electric skillet has fast and slow two heating modes, easy to operate. At the same time, you can use the steaming and boiling method to save you time.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONS: cooked, boiled, braised, stewed, steamed. The transparent glass lid allows you to observe the food maturity at any time during the cooking process. The bottom of the pot is evenly heated and the food is more delicious.
Things We Like
- This best electric wok is a space saver. The variety of meals you can cook in one machine is worth it.
- The small size makes this non-stick wok easy to take on a camping trip.
- This small electric wok is excellent for car camping and will attach to a car battery with an inverter.
- The Low price point makes the low-quality machine forgivable.
Things We Don’t Like
- Not a high-quality design.
- The small electric non-stick wok will not last a lifetime.
A Great Pick For a 5 QT Electric Wok
Aroma Housewares Professional AEW-306 Electric Wok with Tempered Glass Lid Easy Clean Nonstick, Cooking Chopsticks, Tempura and Steaming Racks, 5Qt
Aroma Housewares is a brand that prides itself on making life easier for the home chef. This brand wants to make clean-up as easy as possible. They manage this by making the inside of the wok as well as the domed lid nonstick.
This best electric wok is everything you need to make all your favorite modern and traditional Asian foods.
Since there are no temperature gauges on the control, you will need to cook a few meals to figure out what setting you will need for your cooking style.
- Full range temperature control probe with quick-release trigger
- Cast metal construction mimics traditional wok style heating
- Perfect for stir-frying, braising, tempura-frying, steaming & more
- Entire unit is dishwasher safe (does not include temp. Probe)
- Durable nonstick coating
Things We Like
- The wok comes in 2 size options.
- It has a domed lid that is nonstick.
- The detachable base makes storage easy.
- This best electric wok comes with a tempura rack.
- This particular electric wok model is light; it is excellent if you can’t lift heavy items.
- It heats up quickly in about 5 minutes.
Things We Don’t Like
- There are no temperature markings on the heat controller.
- The heating element cord is not removable. So you must be careful not to get it wet when cleaning it.
- It does not have a light to let you know when it has reached the desired temperature.
- The electric wok is more shallow than other models.
The Best Induction Wok with Cooktop
NUWAVE MOSAIC Induction Wok with 14-inch carbon steel wok with tempered glass lid; precision temperature control from 100F to 575F; also includes 90-recipe chef-created cookbook, and 8-piece Bamboo accessory kit [two 2-tier Bamboo steamer trays (9 inches in diameter) with Lid; 25 perforated wax paper sheets for steaming (9 inches in diameter); one Bamboo tongs one Bamboo skimmer for frying (15 inches long); one Bamboo brush; 5 sets of Bamboo chopsticks
Wow, this best electric wok comes with a lot of accessories as well as the induction wok cooktop.
The best feature about this induction wok is that it has precise temperature control from 100F to a hot 575F. The fact that it uses induction heat is what allows it to have accurate temperature control.
Top-rated induction cooktops are what many chefs prefer when a gas range is not available.
This NUWAVE 14 inch best induction wok will make a meal for a family of four. You must follow the directions and season the wok before use.
- AUTHENTIC WOK COOKING AT HOME! Finally, a true carbon-steel wok, with tempered glass lid, frying rack, with precise temperature control from 100F to a searing 575F, for authentic wok cooking and more
- TRADITION AND TECHNOLOGY COMBINED- With induction technology you get even heat distribution and precise temperature control, wide temperature range, carbon steel wok, tempered glass lid, stainless-steel frying rack, digital timer and wattage control, all combined to be the most complete wok cooking package ever!
- MORE THAN STIR FRY- Use the Mosaic every day for soups, fajitas, pastas, fried tempura, delicious deserts and much more.
- The Mosaic Induction Wok includes the precision induction base, the 5-quart carbon steel wok, tempered glass lid, stainless-steel wok stand and frying rack . Also includes 8-piece Bamboo accessory kit with a 90 chef-created cookbook
- Authentic wok cooking at home with induction technology and everything you need to make healthy delicious meals faster and easier than ever before
Things We Like
- It gets hot in seconds.
- The wok comes with everything that you need to get started.
Things We Don’t Like
- If you don’t follow the instruction precisely for seasoning this wok, then your food will stick.
- It does not come with a lot of instructions for making a variety of meals.
- Use a lower temperature until you are familiar with the ins and outs of cooking various ingredients. (otherwise, your food may burn if you are not skilled with an induction wok.)
The Best Electric Woks will make your life easier and allow you to cook a meal anywhere.
Questions about electric woks
- One Lodge Pre-Seasoned 14 Inch Cast Iron Wok
- Large handles and flat base for easier handling
- Unparalleled heat retention and even heating
- Pre-seasoned with 100% natural vegetable oil
- Use to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry, or grill
The Lodge Pro-Logic Wok is an excellent induction wok. The best cast- iron wok is the Lodge Pro brand! It does not come with the induction base, but it is an ideal pick if you already have an induction cooktop. This wok is compatible with any induction cooktop.
The Lodge Pro brand is American made and has been around since the late 1800s. With this legacy in mind, the Lodge Cast Iron Wok is all cast iron, which retains heat better than other metals.
Keep in mind that this is a heavy wok, and unless you have strong arms, you will not be able to toss the food in this cast iron induction wok.
5 Benefits Of Using A Best Electric Wok
- The best electric wok will allow you to create a memorable meal outdoors easily. Often picnic areas have outlets near each picnic bench. All you have to do is bring along your electric wok, plug it in, and get cooking!
- If you do not have access to a kitchen but want to cook a meal, an electric wok is the way to go!
- An electric wok is a multi-tasking kitchen tool.
- If you want to cook meals that don’t require the intense high heat, a traditional wok does. An electric wok is often non-stick and should not get up to the high temperatures that a carbon steel one would.
- Do you like popcorn? The best electric wok will make an excellent batch of popcorn!
5 Things To Look For In A Good Electric Wok
- Acurite Temperature dial. Does the electric wok have a temperature gauge on the dial? Having a way to fine-tune the temperature on a wok will help you control your cooking times.
- Size. Do you want a large electric wok to make meals for four or more people like the Breville Hot Wok Pro? A smaller wok will save counter space and work perfectly fine if you have a smaller family size.
- A tempered glass lid. If the glass lid is not, then it can break into large shards that can harm someone. A tempered glass lid does not mean it will not crack; it just means it will shatter into very tiny harmless pieces.
- Non-stick vs. carbon steel. There are two types of wok surfaces; the non-stick surface is usually a type of Teflon. If you do not like to use Teflon because of the possible toxic side effects, make sure your wok is carbon steel. Another option is a non-toxic, non-stick wok.
Final Words On The Best Electric Wok Review Guide
If you are looking for the best electric wok, it is hands down the Breville Hot Wok Pro.
The quality and design of the other models just do not compare to the above standard Breville brand. Using a wok can open up an entire world of beautiful ideas for cooking. If you need more variety and have only ever used standard pots and pans for cooking, consider investing in a good wok.
Whether you choose an electric wok or carbon steel round-bottomed wok, they will both take practice to master. There are so many chefs with great free videos on wok cooking tips. Pull up a chair, do a google search for the “best wok cooking tips,” and have fun!